Written by Mergen
Tuesday, 17 August 2010 17:02
Of late, Joomla Content Management System (CMS) driven websites are seeing increasing fishing and script attacks.
One of the most basic and fundamental ways to keep your website protected from these attacks is to keep your Joomla core continuously up to date. However, knowing when the updates are released can be a bit cumbersome if you don't visit the www.joomla.org website often.
Here is how you can stay up to date with the latest Joomla core patch releases
- Visit http://feeds.joomla.org/JoomlaSecurityNews
- The above link will direct you to a page where you can subscribe to the Joomla Security News in RSS feed format. If you know what that is, you are OK. If you don't know what RSS feed is, don't worry and just follow on to the next step.
- Look for text that reads, "Get Joomla! Developer - Vulnerability News delivered by email". It will be located next to a small email icon (see image below). Click on that link.
- Fill in your email details and you should be set to go!
- Well, when you receive the security update notices, you should then proceed to update your website to the latest release. If you don't really understand how to do this or don't have the time, please hire someone to keep your website up to date and secure.
Stay tuned for more on keeping your website secure and to keep it updated more on frequent basis.
We wish you the best of success on your online presence. Hopefully, your website is making money for you! Cheers!!